Hypertext Markup Language revision 5 (HTML5) is markup language for the structure and presentation of World Wide Web contents. HTML5 supports the traditional HTML and XHTML-style syntax and other new features in its markup, New APIs, XHTML and error handling.
There are three organizations that are currently in charge of the specification of HTML5:
- Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG) created the HTML5 specification and is in charge of the HTML5 development that provides open collaboration of browser vendors and other involved parties.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is in charge with delivering the HTML5 specification.
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is in charge of the development of HTML5 WebSocket API.
The specification of HTML5 that has been published currently is not yet final. HTML5 is expected due for Candidate Recommendation (CR) by 2012, and is expected for Proposed Recommendation (PR) by 2022. However, this doesn’t mean that HTML5 is not ready for use. The proposed recommendation does mean however that there will be two interoperable implementations. As of 2011, browser vendors are actively adding support for new features of HTML5.
New features of HTML5 include:
- New parsing rules that are not based on SGML but are oriented towards flexible parsing and compatibility.
- Support of use of inline Scalar Vector Graphics (SVG) and Mathematical Markup Language (MathML) in text/html.
- New available elements include article, aside, audio, bdi, canvas, command, datalist, details, embed, figcaption, figure, footer, header, hgroup, keygen, mark, meter, nav, output, progress, rp, rt, ruby, section, source, summary, time, video and wbr.
- New available types of form controls include dates and times, email, url, search, number, range, tel and color.
- New available attributes of charset on meta and async on script.
- Global attributes that can be applied for every element that include id, tabindex, hidden, data-* or customer data attributes.
WHY CHOOSE CLOUDMATE?
There are a multiple reasons that make us the most prominent name in the field of app development services:
We offer you the perfect blend of competency, technology, expertise and acumen needed for high-end performance delivery. We offer you end to end development services with Litespeed Servers. Our full-range services include UX/UI design, gathering, coding, testing and support to guarantee the most precise apps at fair prices.
We know that best user experience forms the foundation of the success. So, we develop the pages that promise the best user experience irrespective of device, user interface or screen.